Arthritis is the name for a set of conditions where there is damage caused to the joints of the body. Arthritis is the leading cause of disability in people over the age of 55. It can affect the bones, muscles as well as the joints. Arthritis in your feet can cause:
- Pain and swelling in the feet and toes
- Considerable discomfort and swelling when walking or standing for long periods
- Limited movement and mobility.
- Severe forefoot problems like bunions, or deformities like hammertoes or claw toes (in the case of rheumatoid arthritis)
Proper footwear can play a significant part in providing comfort and maintaining an active lifestyle. P.W. Minor shoes are ideal for Arthritis sufferers because they:
- Have the extra cushioning and shock absorption arthritic feet need.
- Provide extra depth, giving swollen arthritic feet additional room
- Have wide openings to make putting on and taking off shoes easier
- Have seamless linings and soft upper materials to deliver comfort
- Feature rocker soles in some models that can reduce foot stress and help make your stride more comfortable